Installing an Ad Hoc Distribution
What is Ad Hoc Distribution?
Ad Hoc Distribution allows you to try an application before it’s available in the iTunes App Store. This is how we distribute iPhone applications to beta customers.
What You’ll Need
Before beginning the installation process you’ll need:
- The .zip file for the application (iMyHomeBT.zip).
- The .zip file for the mobileprovision file of the application (iMyHomeBT_Provision.zip).
Your Device: the iPhone or iPod Touch whose UDID you emailed us previously (Remember ?).
- The computer you normally sync with your Device.
Before you start
If you installed an earlier version of the application you must unistall on the iPhone or iPod Touch before install new version or you will receive the error "The application could not be verified".
If you want to backup the configurations created with iMyHome, before uninstall the old version, you can download the iMyHome Configuration Utility here (only for windows for now, sorry).
Installing the Application
- If you have downloaded the iMyHomeBT.zip and iMyHomeBT_Provision.zip, unzip them to a convenient location, such as your Desktop.
- Drag-and-drop the .mobileprovision file onto Library → Applications in iTunes.
- Drag-and-drop the .ipa file onto Library → Applications in iTunes.
- Verify that the application shows up in Library → Applications. Note that it will not have its normal icon.
- Sync your device and try out the new app.